A Piece of my Mind
v. Michael Murray
"A Piece Of My Mind" is collection of mentalism routines, discussions and principles by Michael Murray developed over a ten year period. Known the world over for his unique approach to mentalism plots this is sure to become a classic text upon this subject.
This book will contain all of the following and more...
- Springboard (Principle and Routines) - Teach your spectators a skill that will allow them to read minds.
- ATM (Routine) - Seemingly discern the PIN number of a random spectator and then wipe all traces of it from their memory.
- Tattle Tailed (Routine) - Possibly the greatest ESP routine ever devised.
- A Brave New World (Routine) - A brand new approach to the OOTW plot.
- Dave's PIN (Routine) - A propless method for revealing the PIN details of five spectators.
- Picasso (Routine) - An in the minds design duplication of sorts.
- Comparative Uncertainty Principle (Principle and Applications) - A method for truly reading your spectators thoughts.
- The Pandora Principle (No Memory Reading System) - A simple system which will allow you to give highly accurate readings for certain people.
- The Inversion Technique (Principle) - Change the way your spectators will think about your routines using a simple change in performance context.
- Making it Memorable (Technique) - A method which will allow your spectators to recall your performances years after the event.
- What Does a Mentalist Do? (Introduction) - A brief introduction into the propless section of the book.
- Read My Mind (Short Essay) - A simple method for removing challenges from your spectators.
- Principles Within Mentalism - A simple introduction into the use of principles within mentalism.
- Small but Deadly (Technique) - Strengthen the way your audience interprets your effects using "favourable objections".
- Thought Unlinking (Principle and applications) - Learn how to do pre-show work "real time".
- Thoughts on Billet Work - Some thoughts and suggestions for the use of billet work which detail Michael's thoughts on how/why thoughts should be written down.
- The Circle of Truth (Short Essay) - An examination of the logic of billet work.
- Crossword (Routine) - A billet routine which allows you to apparently write down the spectators thought ahead of time.
- The Racket Switch (Technique) - A new method for switching a billet.
- Animal Instincts - Discern your spectators thoughts using the answers to three questions.
- Consulting the News (Suggestion/Routine) - Predict a word that is genuinely decided upon by two spectators.
- On the Level - A method for building rapport with your spectators.
- A Sight Unseen - A simple billet routine used to demonstrate some of the points highlighted earlier within the text.
- The Boomerang Force (Principle and Routine) - A method for allowing you to control your spectators choices whilst they are changing their mind.
- Cal-Ender (Principle and applications) - An amazing principle which takes advantage of a mysterious flaw within an iPhone calculator.
- Daylight Robbery - (Routine) - Genuinely discern the PIN codes to two spectators mobiles (even Sherlock would be impressed).
- Personal Identification Number (An Out) - A language based pseudo PIN number reveal.
- Un-Real - (Principle/Routine) - A psychological quirk forms the basis of a "Liar Truth Teller" routine.
- Sublime Influence (Routine) - Prove how your unconscious thoughts may be manipulated by what we see.
- Bonus - Once Removed (Routine) - A novel take on the think a card plot.
- Spectator as Mind Reader (Essay) - An essay which provides some insight into this often "loved or loathed" plot.
264 S. A-5 Format, Paperback